Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[MOVED]Waveguide dummy load

Status
Not open for further replies.

marjankashani

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,guys,I`m designing a rotman lens with waveguguides as ports. how can I design a dummy load to put at the end of the waveguides?what kind of dummy load?

a common way to make a WG dummy load is to insert a wedge shaped chunk of conductive foam

Dave

a common way to make a WG dummy load is to insert a wedge shaped chunk of conductive foam

Dave

For a power less than 1 Watt, use a wedge made of epoxy filled with powdered iron. Wedge length should be one wavelength long approx.
If you can find a Mylar foil deposited with a resistive layer of 300-400 Ohms/square located in E-plane and tapered makes for a good load but limited to 0.1 W approx.

in practice yes,but how about in CST?coz I`ve tried all sort of absorber materials and nothing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back