Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[moved] Swith from Internal to External Power Supply - ZVOX Home Theater Soundstand

Status
Not open for further replies.

kckranz

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi -

I purchased a ZVOX home theater 670 soundbar at a significantly reduced price due to an issue with it. When switching the unit on, it appears to complete a POST, displays the current firmware revision, and displays "ON". However, After this initial power-up which lasts about 2 seconds, the unit does not respond to any buttons. I'm thinking there is an issue with the internal switching power supply, providing the initial start-up power, but not switching over to power the amp / processing board.

I'm wondering if this sounds like a power supply issue, and if I can wire in an external power supply (a "brick") in lieu of the internal power supply (the units ZVOX produced in previous years had an external brick). I'm assuming I can take a brick with same power specs as internal, wire into the rocker ON/OFF switch, and the round plug end will be cut and separated to expose + and -, which then would be wired into the amp / processing board. Is it as "simple" as this?

Appreciate any feedback or help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back