Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Moved]: step up voltage for a small LF transmitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adu Aj

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hej!
i have designed an LF transmitter and it is powered by ±12 at the oscillator stage as well as at the power stage. A ±15 is also used to power the buffer stage. but i do not want to use this voltages since i am going to use a coin battery of 1.5V or 3V in the final design.

can someone tell me how i can convert a ±3V battery to this ±12v as well as ±15v voltages in my design? i am expecting a simple 3 pin dc to dc converter or a simple and compact (small) dc to dc converter ic. I use Ltspice for my simulation.

thanks Smith

Re: step up voltage for a small LF transmitter

Maybe the MC34063 (positive converter) and MC33063 (negative converter) will work for you. I remember Linear Technology also has good free design resources/software for power circuits:https://www.linear.com/designtools/software/#LTPower

I remember using LTPowerCADII and all you had to do was input your power requirements and it would suggest parts and designs you could use.

Status
Not open for further replies.