Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Moved] Spiral inductor in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashbyphilipjohn13

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm new to hfss and microwave engineering. I tried to simulate a spiral inductor of 10 turns for 100nH. I used the modified wheeler equation to design the inductor. I want to find the resonance of this structure. and the inductance value. I have posted the design here.Also pls verify the simulation i done is correct.I tried to find the inductance from the Y11 but it doesnot remain constant. Also i would like to know whether we can use discreet valued components like capacitors in hfss.

Attachments

• new10turn inductor.zip
    69.2 KB · Views: 63

I'm new to hfss and microwave engineering. I tried to simulate a spiral inductor of 10 turns for 100nH. I used the modified wheeler equation to design the inductor. I want to find the resonance of this structure. and the inductance value. I have posted the design here.Also pls verify the simulation i done is correct.I tried to find the inductance from the Y11 but it doesnot remain constant. Also i would like to know whether we can use discreet valued components like capacitors in hfss.

Y11 changes with the frequency, it's normal.The inductor value is found from Y11 value at where the operating frequency is interested in.

Status
Not open for further replies.