Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Moved] Solar Li-ion battery charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmadithya

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

Could anyone provide me a schematic or charging ic to charge a Li ion battery 11.1V,5.2Ah using 10W solar panel. Panel Specs - Maximum Power Voltage- 17.5 ,Maximum Power Current (A) - 0.57.

It recently occurred to me that it would be an interesting challenge to charge a Li chemistry battery with a solar panel. The standard implementation of lithium charging schemes and MPPT have somewhat contradicting needs, and I have yet to see anyone come out with a control IC that addresses this issue (many can handle lead acid or NiMh batteries, but not lithium). If you don't care about absolute optimization then you could forget about MPPT and save yourself a lot of trouble, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.