Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[moved] Simulation and comparison in Ltspice of silicon and silicon carbide diode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alandh

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,
Working on a project to illustrate the benefits of silicon carbide diode vs that of a silicon diode
I intend to do that using a rectifier circuit employing silicon diodes.
Trying to make a second circuit/or a switchable circuit substituting the silicon with the silicon carbide diode and running comparative tests

I have constructed the circuit with the silicon diode. I am having trouble with
1. verifying if i have properly imported the cubic Silicon carbide diode into the circuit (how to test that) and
2. which tests to run (and how to do them) to illustrate the benefits of using a silicon carbide diode.

I have used the following:
I have used a comparable diode so instead of the 600 volt silicon diode (1N5406RL) i used a 600 volt silicon carbide diode (STPSC406B-TR).
I am using Ltspice to simulate.
Datasheet silicon carbide diode:
**broken link removed**
Spice files to import silicon carbide diode into ltspice: https://www.st.com/web/en/catalog/sense_power/FM64/SC489/PF251714?s_searchtype=keyword#
I have attached the silicon diode model, the silicon carbide diode model, the diode test circuit to test if i imported the silicon carbide diode correctly and the rectifier model.
Could you please help me with these questions? Thanks!!

Attachments

• rectifiermodel (1).zip
    30.3 KB · Views: 89

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back