Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[moved] SCALING THE MEASURED VOLTAGE VALUES'

Status
Not open for further replies.

KRISHNA1997

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Let us take an example that I have a battery which voltage of 48volts and by using a load charger and I am continuously discharging the battery by using a voltage sensor which gives the voltage values linearly but I need to scale down those values should be in between 5v to 15v otherwise in between ed30-50mA. How to sort out this problem can someone help since I am a mechanical background I don't have enough knowledge in Electronics.

48V is a single voltage - it is generally easy to scale that to another single voltage , say 16 V

scaling can be created to to scale one range to another range.
say range A is 36 to 48V and you want to scale it down to range B, 5 to 15V

you will need to specify what range you want to scale to 5 to 15 V

sorry, i do not understand what you mean by this:
"otherwise in between ed30-50mA."

Hi,

Maybe start by 15V/48V and 5V/?V will tell you the ratios needed. From there you can decide if a resistive divider will suffice or will need an op amp to fit the desired scale. Resistive divider only if the ratios are identical

For a resistive divider, decide on a total resistance value, multiply it by the product of 15/48 and that will tell you what value the lower resistor needs to be. Subtract total resistance from lower resistor value for upper resistor value.

A resistor divider comes to mind.

Install a zener diode inline if you want expanded scale readings.

48V is likely to generate waste heat in resistors and diode, thus you need to consider Watt ratings. A general approach is to use high ohm values, yet not droop due to whatever equipment you attach.

Status
Not open for further replies.