Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] [Moved] RS232 communication between PC and FINGER007 + FGR006

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyangirojoe

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone. FINGER007 is a fingerprint identification access control system, while FGR006 is a fingerprint identification proximity reader. I have connected the two together (one outside the door and another inside the house). Im trying to make a connection between these and a PC via RS232 but i get the message "run error 3709 - the connection cannot be used to perform this operation".
Any ideas coz i doubt if my hardware connection is the problem.
Thanks.

Re: RS232 communication between PC and FINGER007 + FGR006

That error message sounds like an Visual Basic SQL database access error, probably nothing to do with the wiring.

Try using hyperterminal (or whatever) on the PC to connect to the reader, just to check that it is working and your wiring is correct.

P.s. should this really be in the FPGA etc section?

thanks FoxyRick. Sorry was in a hurry not to notice the section (FPGA). Shall let all know of the outcome

problem solved after initialization button pressed at the back of circuit. guessed id overlooked this.
thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back