Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[moved] Red Pitaya, buy now or wait?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saltwater

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I was looking to get me a Red Pitaya. Think it would be a very cool device to use with digital electronics "and some SDR hobby stuff".
But.. The hardware tends to be a bit coarse in the range I want to use it at, about 50MHz (bordering niquist).
With Christmas around the corner I wondered if this would still be a wise move. Or maybe some new hardware is in the making better fitting my needs?

I'd never heard of it until reading your message. It seems to do lots of useful things but specifications like RF bandwidth 50MHz without qualifying it with other parameters can be very misleading. Does it mean it is flat to 50MHz or -100dB at 50MHz??

I think you probably get good value for money as a very basic instrument but I doubt it would be much use for precision lab work so I guess the decision is yours depending on what you want to use it for. I don't know of any other single instrument with all the functions in it together so as a 'general purpose' device it is probably OK.

Brian.

I'd never heard of it until reading your message. It seems to do lots of useful things but specifications like RF bandwidth 50MHz without qualifying it with other parameters can be very misleading. Does it mean it is flat to 50MHz or -100dB at 50MHz??

I cant find any specs either, would be nice to see what ADC is used. But I don't think It's oversampled beyond 125MHz.
From what I have seen it does have a reasonable degree of accuracy from a diagnostic standpoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back