Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Moved]Question regarding to where to get pcb prototyping produced? Online? Stores?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCIteacher

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am looking for a pcbhouse or pcb website which can customize my file and do low volume ( or some called prototype) production. I was told a few, can anyone advise me on your experience with them? Some said pcbfinpo.com is faster , and some said pcbexpres.com is not faster but better with a few names got bad feedback as I don't want to violate the rules here so they won't be listed. I am looking for 20-40 pcs made , and sometime the number is down to 2-5 pcs as it is just for testing. Please let me know on your thoughts. Thanks.

Don't ask this king of questions in hobby circuits category.
Moved to EDA Jobs, Promotions, Advertising [alexan_e]

I am currently in Taiwan, but live in Canada. Why is this even a point for putting away my question regarding to the board? I thought it was just a question asking for which service is better. Is this forum only for people living in certain area to use?

Sorry if it is a wrong category as I thought it is for small project problem. That is exactly my problem. I don't know where to buy the small volume boards. What is wrong with my post? I am not promoting anything, simply asking which one is better out of those two sites and if there are any better advice. Anyway, can you remove me to Others category or should I repost? Need an answer for that still.

Blimey, chill out! Why so much anger directed at someone who is trying to HELP you?

I think my question was entirely relevant if you want useful answers. If you are in India then I wouldn't bother suggesting a UK supplier whereas if you are in the UK I would suggest European ones. For small quantities you can easily end up spending more shipping boards half way round the world than the cost of the boards themselves, so what starts out looking cheap isn't in the end.

Do you want the boards shipped to Taiwan or Canada? If in Taiwan then it will be economic to have a Taiwan/China Supplier. In Canada you could look at PCB-Pool. I assume you are talking about bare PCBs, not assembled product?

Keith.

Oopsy. That is my bad. I thought the questoins was regarding to whether if my post was suitable for this category or not. My appology. I am just taking a short break out here, but living in Canada and need the boards to be mailed to Missisauga ( next to Toronto). What I said above was absolutely not refering to your reply. I tried to quote on Pool and Universe and Finpo. Pool is more popular with its name, and universe is an option too except the price is almost 50% more than the other two. Finpo has shorter lead-time, but the supplier does not seem to be offering much to choose from in terms of quantity which is not my problem this time. However, I just wanted to know which of them is better for me as I would like to buy boards off them from time to time. 20-30 pcs more like prototype pcb board orders for them , 4 times a year , I would not spend much time shopping for them as long as the quality and all fits my studetns' need. Thank you for your kind reply Keith.

Hank

---------- Post added at 01:11 ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 ----------

By the way, my 2nd last post was to GM not you Keith. I am sorry once again for that misunderstanding. Have a nice day.

Have a trawl through this forum and are worth wading through. I think for 20 or 30 boards the Chinese suppliers would start to be economical and shipping costs not so dominant.

PCB-Pool aren't the cheapest but I have used them here for a number of years (they come from Ireland or Germany if you are in the UK) and the quality is pretty good and delivery usually spot on.

Keith.

Sorry if it is a wrong category as I thought it is for small project problem. That is exactly my problem. I don't know where to buy the small volume boards. What is wrong with my post? I am not promoting anything, simply asking which one is better out of those two sites and if there are any better advice. Anyway, can you remove me to Others category or should I repost? Need an answer for that still.

I know you didn't do it on purpose but you are essentially asking for suggestions of where to buy your PCB so this thread is going to become an advertisement very soon because each reply will point to a PCB manufacturer.

The second reason is that we see from time to time some users (always new member) ask to buy something and then another new user jumps in to advertise his company with the excuse that the OP has asked for the info.
The majority of these cases are companies with two accounts that use them this way to advertise something.

Alex

P.S. Duplicate threads are not allowed too :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.