Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Moved] Question on microcontroller's output data and power

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micro12

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Sorry for this begginer questions but I would like to know the answer to the following 2 questions. I have this microcontroller (http://pdf.datasheetcatalog.com/datasheet2/e/0lrp9fdj0zyd6e2k2e8ej8lkzupy.pdf).
1-I would also like to know how much power comes out from this microcontroller's output pin?
2-I would like to know what kind of data does goes out from this microcontroller's output pin?

For me, in the datasheet, there is different kinds of data but at my level I don't know which one for the output pins so that's why I need some help.

thank you

Re: Question on microcontroller's output data and power

That's a users manual; you need a data sheet to answer your questions.

Re: Question on microcontroller's output data and power

That's a users manual; you need a data sheet to answer your questions.

There is no other datasheet after research. Also, when I google it, it says that this is a datasheet of this microcontroller. You mean that the answer is not inside ?

All information, including electrical data, e.g. specification of I/O ports can be found can be found in the user manual.

It doesn't make much sense to ask for an output power, although a power value can be calculated form pin voltage and current. I/O pins are providing logic output, to drive a load requiring more power, e.g. a relays, lamp or a motor, you'll use a power driver. But the available output current is specified in the document. Take care not to exceed maximum ratings, otherwise the part may be damaged.

All kind of data can "go out" from the output pins, at least all protocols that can be represented by regular I/O pins, e.g. UART, SPI, I2C. Some microprocessor pins are designed to support specific protocols, e.g. USB.

All information, including electrical data, e.g. specification of I/O ports can be found can be found in the user manual.

Right. I guess I didn't look through all 600! pages.

I guess I didn't look through all 600! pages.
I think, it's not particularly your job to do it. I neither did, but knowing the typical structure of these documents, you find the information after a brief look on the table of contents.

Status
Not open for further replies.