Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Moved] Proteus simulation issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Btaz

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Does anyone have any suggestions for the 2 issues I'm seeing in Proteus 7.8?

1) When I start a simulation in the root all the voltage probes work correctly. With the simulation running, if I go into a child subcircuit none of the probes have any values. Its as if the child doesn't know the circuit is working. If I stop the sim and hit start while in the child, the probes in the child work. But now if I go back to the root with the sim running none of the root probes have any values. Any ideas how to get all the probes to work no matter where the sim is started from?

2) It took me a while to find the source of this problem, but I have a circuit that is a simple 110V AC to 12V DC converter using a transformer, some diodes (as a full wave rectifier), and a 7812 (12V regulator). I placed my power converter circuit in a sub circuit and can run the sim within the subcircuit with everything working. When I go up a level my output from the subcircuit does get the 12Vs. I've done several tests and can say that I don't have any problems with my ports and terminals. It appears that the 7812 is not being simulated. I've check to make sure the "Exclude from Simulation" is not checked. I don't have any other ideas. Any one have a suggestion?

I've attached my test circuit if that helps.
View attachment SubCircuit Test.zip

Thanks ahead of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back