Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Moved] PIC1897j60 programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayasree jayaraj

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am using PIC1897j60 to connect with DPS310 and MPU9250 two sensors and commuication is via i2c. Also i have connected ethernet via Spi. Can i use pickit3 programmer through 2.54mm pitch 6pin header in my pcb for this purpose?

Thankyou..also please suggest the part number of two crystals used in the oscillator circuit of pic1897j60

In the below attached image,please suggest part number of cystal(X2-37Khz).

Attachments

• basic97j60.jpg
    basic97j60.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 92

37KHz isn't a standard crystal frequency, you may need to get one specially made. Alternatively, you could use an external clock generating circuit that divides a more common frequency down to 37KHz.

Just checking: are you using T1 Oscillator to drive a real time clock? Of you are, the frequency should be 32.768KHz which is a readily available crystal frequency.

Brian.

Hi,

Farnell lists more than 450 xtals with 32768 Hz. This is not a "very special" part. It´s rather a standard part.
They differ in
* accuracy
* package
* price
* temperature range
... and so on.

You may choose the one that suits you most.

We don´t know whether you more like a small package or a big package, THM or SMD .. thus I guess if someone gives an exatct part number you ar enot satisfied, because it does not meet your requirements or is not available in your region.

You are free to choose them on your own.

Klaus

Hi,
Can you please provide the basic schematics of pic1897j60?I am totally confused in some capacitor and resistor values in basic schematics of pic1897j60.

Hi,

In post#5 you gave a schematic with part values.
So please tell us what's wrong with it.
Give a useful error description.

Generally the datasheet should give all informations to make the microcontroller work.

Usually the manufacturer gives example circuits, design notes ....

Klaus

Hi,
In this pic1897j60 controller,there are lots of power pins (VDD pins like 17,37,59).Does it works if 3.3V has not reached on any one of the pin?I mean if only pin number 86 is not connected to 3.3V, does it work?

Hi,

I didn't read the datasheet.
But generally all power supply pins need to be supplied with clean, low impedance stable supply voltage.
In most cases this means you need
* a very good and low impedance GND reference, usually a solid GND plane.
* stable and low impedance supply voltage, usually a ceramics capacitor with short traces to the pin and the GND plane ... at every supply pin of every IC.

If you can be sure (if you don't connect them) that the voltage at every supply pin is clean, without leaving the specified range - even for nanosecons - then you are safe. Otherwise you violate specifications ... everything may happen.
In most cases you can't be sure ....

For me - who always tries to design very reliable devices - there is no alternative to using a GND plane and many capacitors...

Klaus

In this pic1897j60 controller,there are lots of power pins (VDD pins like 17,37,59).Does it works if 3.3V has not reached on any one of the pin?I mean if only pin number 86 is not connected to 3.3V, does it work?
Every Vdd (and Vss, AVdd and other such power pins) must be connected. Also there should be bypass capacitors on all Vdd (and similarly named supply) pins.
By the way, the part is PIC18F97j60 and you need to look carefully at Fig 2-1 (page 43) of the data sheet - it shows the *minimum* recommended connections.
Susan

Status
Not open for further replies.