Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[MOVED] PIC16F877A interfaced to a SIM card

Status
Not open for further replies.

jean12

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everybody,I would like to make a circuit which is made by a PIC16F877A and a SIM Card mainly,the circuit reads temperature of a given place and the SIM card sends that temperature to a remote place on a GSM, can you guide me on how I can implement that circuit?

I want to use MicroC Pro for PIC.

For the moment I can interface the sensor to the PIC but interfacing with SIM card is a new idea for me,can you please guide?

Thank you!!

Hello,I don't want to use a MODEM,what I want to implement is just connecting a SIM Card to a PIC and then that system transmit the sensor data to a GSM Mobile.

Thank you!!

You cannot just connect a SIM card to a PIC and expect it to be able to communicate with a GSM network!!!.

Not in a million years would that work, You NEED a GSM modem.

I suggest that you do the following:

1. Google to find out what a SIM card actually is.

2. Use the links kindly provided by horace1 above.

Cheers

a circuit using a WISMO228 modem with a SIM holder would look something along the lines of (with the RXGSM and TXGSM connected to the UART of a microcontroller such as a PIC16)
WISMO228.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.