Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Moved]: Model parameter values

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jennifer Dsouza

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Im workinh with BSIM CMG in ADS. Does anyone know how to get the industry parameter values?

sry im very new to this. i could'nt find the pdk for a finfet from the link u provided. any link to a pdf or other doc that states parameter values like fin height, length of gate etc. would be much appreciated. (ive been trying for days, without any success :/)

Fin height is a physical parameter and depends on the manufacturer's process. You would need it e.g.in TCAD programs. Gate length is a user selectable parameter, you would need it for SPICE analysis. Further parameters to be used in BSIM models can be found e.g. in the PTM model parameter files (for finfet models scroll down).
__
PS: I don't know what CMG means. Nor does wiki.

i could'nt find the pdk for a finfet from the link u provided. any link to a pdf or other doc that states parameter values like fin height, length of gate etc. would be much appreciated.

You won't find any PDK for just the FinFET on its own. It is quite new but the BSIM-CMG model is starting to be used to model 3-D FinFETs typically in sub-20um technologies. Keysight's ICCAP now had a module for extracting BSIM-CMG models.

W8616EP BSIM-CMG Model Generation

You will likely only find these models as one part within PDKs for IC processes that use this technology. You would need to find a foundry that supports this type of model and then use the PDK for that process as provided by the foundry. The exact details of the model parameters though would typically be embedded in that PDK and often this would be IP that is protected by the foundry so may not be directly accessible by the user.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back