Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Moved] LT spice tutorial and comparison PSpice and LT spice

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldsmith

Advanced Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi my friends!
I'm professional to use PSpice . but i think that LT spice is better than PSpice . is it right? If yes, i need a tutorial article about it . is it possible that you guide me please?
Each response , appreciated .
Best Regards
Goldsmith

Re: LT spice tutorial and comparison PSpice and LT spice

but i think that LT spice is better than PSpice

What means "better"? More exact? Or easier to handle?
And why do you think so?

Dear LvW
Hi
one of my friends said to me that Lt spice is better than pspice . his mean was about its precision in simulation .
Thanks

But is LTSpice not restricted to designs around LT's parts ? pSpice can work with all vendor devices. Coming to accuracy of simulation, I found both to be good

But is LTSpice not restricted to designs around LT's parts ?
No, not at all. It understands basic SPICE syntax for device models and has appropriate extensions for behavioral modelling.

Most casual users will miss the convenient device library stock shipped with PSpice. But it's no problem to import vendor device models to LTSpice.

Some more advanced PSPice features missing in LTSpice (also not available in the basic PSpice version, by the way) are:

- mixed signal modelling with digital circuits
- circuit optimizer
- Monte Carlo analysis of parameter tolerances
- post processing flexibility

I notice, that LTSpice has been choosen as an every days simulation tool by many professional developers, in favour to PSpice.

P.S.: You'll find simulation cases, where one of both tools fails, mostly in transient analysis convergence, and hold the case against the tool. The issues refer to either inherent weaknesses of the basic SPICE algorithms or specific implementation parameters. I can't decide at first sight which one is "better" in this regard.

Last edited:
Dear Friends
Again Hi
Thank you for your replies . by the way i need a simple article (tutorial) about LTspice. is here any suggestion?
Kind regards
Goldsmith

I don't think you will find such article. You may want to refer LTspice Online help. That has some basic overview details about LTspice.

Please refer to this topic.

**broken link removed**

I agree with FvM, adding to what he mentioned about PSpice, it is also integrated with host of other tools like Layout Implementation, Schematic Entry can be plugged into component database etc. It also has Advanced Analysis tool set, and support host of device models.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back