Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Moved] Interfacing weighing machine DS415 from essae with computer using MAX232

Status
Not open for further replies.

namanvaidya25

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, this is a circuit problem, when i connected the output line from my weighing machine into MAX 232 it is displaying over flow, which means the voltage that is being acquired by the controller on the weighing machine is more that the limit set. How can i get the value, or if any one can give me a circuit linking weighing machine with computer for getting data into hyperterminal

Hi,

As far as i can see in the datasheet there is already RS232 built in. No need for a MAX232.

Klaus

hi,
If your weigh scale output is already at RS232 levels ie: nominal +/-9V or so, if you add a MAX232 between the scale output and your PC, which expects RS232 levels, you will have an inverted signal.?

Disconnect the scales RS232 output to the MAX and measure the voltages on the scales RS232 output, lets know what you measure.
If you have a datasheet for the scale output, please post it.
E

Those are the new ones, my machine is approx 8 years old, when i opened the console, i located a place where max232 can fit in with the connection, now overflow was solved but still no communication with computer

Hi,

you need to setup the correct baudrate, handshaking and number of start/stopbits in youe hyperterminal.

Additionally maybe a communication protocol is needed.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back