Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[moved] I have a problem using waveguide port for my horn antenna in CST.

Status
Not open for further replies.

romina_k_vala

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I have multiple horn antennas that are located on a curve from phi=0 to phi=180 for rho=6cm. The problem is I have to use time domain solver in order to find the received signal versus time. Unfortunately in time domain due to hexahedral meshing, the solver gives me this error: Waveguide ports must be aligned with Cartesian coordinate planes for the transient solver. When using frequency domain solver with tetrahedral meshing this problem is solved, but the meshing is too high that for the first iterative solver it took one week. What should I do?

If they are the same antennas and if you think they wont interact with each other you can take field source of the horn and then use it for simulations.

Actually I do need their interaction, because I need the signals received by each antenna when one of them is set to be a transmitter.

another solution to your problem is to design a waveguide bend. If you bend all of their guides to upwards or downwards you can place waveguide ports because now they will always be on the same cartesian plane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back