Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[MOVED] How to learn electronic products?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charming Cherish

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
If I were a person who know nothing about electronic products, now I want to learn something about electronic product knowledge, for example, computer, mobile phone, electronic watches, tablet, and camera. So what should I go to study at first? Could you recommend some useful books or all anything else?

it depend what do you mean exactly by "something"

rather than books, watch electronic basics tutorial in youtube.. they show with example and u can understand clearly..

So I must choose what electronic product I want to learn at first.

- - - Updated - - -

I will check out youtube and learn something!

If I were a person who know nothing about electronic products, now I want to learn something about electronic product knowledge, for example, computer, mobile phone, electronic watches, tablet, and camera. So what should I go to study at first? Could you recommend some useful books or all anything else?

I really feel your pain.
I am a mechanical guy and I seriously feel I should have done electronics engineering since I was naturally good at mechanics. I have always wanted to build new and outstanding things and the only thing that has kept me from achieving success is the sound knowledge of electronics. I am so dearly dependent on an electronics engineer.
If you want to learn electronics then look at how electronic engineers are made in college. They are taught different electronic components (like Diode, transistors, mosfets, etc etc) , they are taught the concept behind these electronic components and they are taught application of these components. Its a long process of turning into an electronics engineer from a junior college freshman. If you go to youtube, then you will learn
something but that won`t be a sound foundation and right track since you don`t know what to learn and it won`t help you a lot. Its easier to drift away into the world of technology today and hence you need to precisely direct your energy and time if you want to get something out of your
efforts.
My straight to the point suggestion will be --- Download the syllabus of a good electronics engineering college. Read through the syllabus carefully. Start your study according to the syllabus. Give it a lot of time and dedication and within 2 years you will be close to becoming an electronics guy (not an engineer yet). You also need to test your creativity as you learn by doing small easy electronic projects and later a bit complex ones. Unfortunately the human brain does not learn for a long time only by watching, but it understands very well after doing experiments yourself and only then you will be able to apply the concept in reality some day.

What you are asking is a tough thing if you do not have the desire to achieve it. Your desire and interest in the subject will determine if you will achieve what you want.

Reactions: Tahmid

Tahmid

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
My major is foreign trade of English,and know nothing about electronic products.Now I think learn electronic products is so difficult and hard for me.But I would like to try my best.

Status
Not open for further replies.