Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[moved] How to couple multiple inductors together?

Status
Not open for further replies.

preetgarcha

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I am trying to create a distributed model for an inductor in Cadence using one "ind" element from analogLib as one loop of my actual inductor and repeating the single distributed cell N times where N is the total number of turns. I can couple two of the loops using "mind" component from analogLib. However, I want to couple all of these inductors (260 loops in total) to each other. I cannot get away with using "mind" component to couple each inductor to its neighbour. I would have to couple each one to every other one so I would need to have 260C2 (= ~33000) "mind" components.

In LTSpice, one is able to use K-statements to couple multiple inductors together in a single statement:
K1 L1 L2 L3 L4 1
The same trick does not work if I modify my netlist in Cadence to include:
K0 mutual_inductor coupling=K ind1=L0 ind2=L1 ind3=L2 ind4=L3

Is there a way to couple all of these "ind" elements together or in other ways couple all these windings to the same core? I am not sure of how to use the "winding" and "core" components because I do not have a model for the core. Alternatively, is it possible to view the source code for this "mind" component so I could modify it to work for multiple inductors?

Regards,
Preet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back