[moved] Hi power DC electric buggy using 2 alternators as motors, 2 pushbikes, & PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JamesBond001

[moved] Hi power DC electric buggy using 2 alternators as motors, 2 pushbikes, & PIC

Hello guys and gals

I am building an electric 4 wheeled buggy from 2 pushbikes, 2 alternators converted to 3 pole electronic motors driving each back wheel, and a Peripheral Interface Controller [PIC].

My reasons are that I believe that controlling each back wheel separately using an intelligent controller, I can do away with a mechanical differential, brake disks and pads, and reduce the complexity of a typical petrol car from many hundreds of moving parts, to 2 rotating armatures, and a pulley drive system for each back wheel.

As I build and develop it, I want to keep the community informed, as it may answer some questions that have been asked, and may be asked in the future.

Here is a proof of concept picture of the buggy.

Here is the electronic build so far, 3 very high current switches.

At the moment, I am new to this site, so I am keeping the info to a minimum until I get used to it.

Its a very cool project, and I look forward to any feedback:-o

Status
Not open for further replies.