Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Moved]: flipped voltage follower details

Status
Not open for further replies.

simplsoft

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can anyone help me in understanding what is the advantage of using flipped voltage follower instead of a normal source follower. I have read its output resistance is further reduced. How is it reduced? whats happen in flipped voltage follower that reducing output imepdance. What else is its advantage. I can understand its working

. FVF.jpg

Re: flipped voltage follower details

I cannot see the reduction in the output resistance. I have never met this circuit before, but for me there is a protection of Ib current source. In figure (a) Vo swing changes may affect Ib value (depends on the output impedance of the current source). In figure (b) Ib current source is "protected". Vo voltage swing has lower dependence on Ib value.

For sure disadvantage of figure (b) is the fact that Vo swing is reduced.

Hi,
The output resistance of the flipped voltage follower is reduced due to negative feedback. If you apply a small signal model, you can deduce that the output resistance is 1/(gm1*gm2*ro2). The output resistance of the simple source follower is simple 1/gm1.

Reactions: t4_v

t4_v

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

I have read in researvh articles that flipped voltage follower are used for low supply voltage. How can you explain please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back