Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Moved] First Microcontroller Project with ADC and USB

Status
Not open for further replies.

introzen

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello! This is my first post on this forum.
I've been getting started on a little fun project at home. I currently need your help to get started.

What I want is to connect a joystick, buttons and a mouse-scroll together. After those are connected, I would like to read the digital signal via USB into my PC.

Now connecting the stuff all together isn't very hard, however, I have no clue how to use an ADC or how to even connect this in what order and so on. From what I understand I'll also need a microcontroller to control the ADC?

Any tips on how I should wire this with as few components as possible, and also what components are most priceworthy for this?
Might be a lot to ask but I really want to get started in on this.

I've tried getting some components out of an old PS3 controller.

Thanks.

re: First Microcontroller Project with ADC and USB

If you can find an old Y2K PC for free with new HDD, you can use joystick/midi interface with buttons, parallel port or digital signals (8) and USB for any adapter and run on WinXP and audio AUX in or Mic in for ADC. Then use Audacity to record signals in Audio band. Some are DC response.

Re: First Microcontroller Project with ADC and USB

If you can find an old Y2K PC for free with new HDD, you can use joystick/midi interface with buttons, parallel port or digital signals (8) and USB for any adapter and run on WinXP and audio AUX in or Mic in for ADC. Then use Audacity to record signals in Audio band. Some are DC response.

Is there any specific reason to why this would only work on XP?

Status
Not open for further replies.