Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Moved]: Designing a PCB using Orcad

Status
Not open for further replies.

ans94

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have to make a single PCB to measure 3 DC voltages and one AC current. So the first step in designing is making a schematic model in Orcad Capture CIS. I wanted to know that in the schematic (in Orcad Capture), is it necessary to make 3 DC voltage measurement circuit and one AC current measurement ckt all on one page or can I make 2 pages in orcad capture in which, on one page, i can make a single DC voltage measurement circuit and on the other, a single AC current measurement ckt?
And then while making the PCB using orcad layout, can i include all the circuits on one page??
Is that possible?

Re: Designing a PCB using Orcad

I have to make a single PCB to measure 3 DC voltages and one AC current. So the first step in designing is making a schematic model in Orcad Capture CIS. I wanted to know that in the schematic (in Orcad Capture), is it necessary to make 3 DC voltage measurement circuit and one AC current measurement ckt all on one page or can I make 2 pages in orcad capture in which, on one page, i can make a single DC voltage measurement circuit and on the other, a single AC current measurement ckt?
And then while making the PCB using orcad layout, can i include all the circuits on one page??
Is that possible?

Hi,

You can split the schematics into no of pages you want. Only thing you need to do is, use page off connectors to connect the net from one page to other page.

Example of page off symbol:

<<netname

Regards

Amit

Well, I think that it will be possible with almost any PCB design tool today (except maybe some dramatically outdated programs). I think this multi-sheet/single board design system is more like a conventional and traditional way of doing PCBs. However, I don't like OrCAD, I'm DipTrace and Altium user.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back