Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[moved] Counter Circuit Troubleshooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl James Jumawan

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey guys, so we were asked to follow this circuit design:
View attachment Activity 13 ELEX.pdfView attachment Activity 13 ELEX.pdf

Now I've followed the given paper to me as best as I could but I still have 2 problems with
my design right now:
>When it's powered on, the ones digit counter has to start from zero instead of one
>The circuit has to reset after it reaches 60.

Check this video for reference and feel free to point out any more problems~

Some pictures of what I made:
P_20150328_223057.jpg
P_20150328_223154.jpg
P_20150328_223159.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Also, if any of you have any more questions, I'll do my best to give a reply as soon as possible.

Thanks!

>The circuit has to reset after it reaches 60.

This is when binary 110 appears in the most significant byte. A straightforward method is to send this to a 3-input 'AND' gate, which has an inverter at one input. By doing this you program it so that the moment the inputs detect 110, and only 110, the output changes state.

Deliver this to a reset pin on all your counter IC's. The count starts from zero.

This is when binary 110 appears in the most significant byte. A straightforward method is to send this to a 3-input 'AND' gate, which has an inverter at one input. By doing this you program it so that the moment the inputs detect 110, and only 110, the output changes state.

Deliver this to a reset pin on all your counter IC's. The count starts from zero.
Thanks for the suggestion, which IC should be bought for this then?
We have only been introduced to the 7408, 7404, 7432, 7447 and 7492...

Hi,

The recommendation above is ok, but you could simplify by using only the upper two bits.
Then a single gate logic like 74HC1G00 could do the job.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back