Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] [Moved]: Continuous Sigma Delta ADC coefficients (Schreier Tool Box)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shady Ahmed

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am designing a 3rd order Continuous time ADC , with 1 MHz Bandwidth ,32 OSR and 3 level Comparator.

I have a question regarding the coefficient values.

I used the equation:
coefficient * fs = 1/(R*C)

However, since the coefficient has 3 or 4 points precision (for instance: coeff = 0.0805 )
Assuming So the points appeared in the Resistor values (or capacitor)..

For instance: simulating the system with the exact R & C values obtained ==> Max SQNR = 69 dB
However, for layout considerations , I think i'll not be able to get a resistor value with so many points precision ,, so i tried approximating the R values to the nearest integer, and the max SQNR dropped 10 dB!!!

How can i resolve this issue?

Re: Continuous Sigma Delta ADC coefficients (Schreier Tool Box)

I am designing a 3rd order Continuous time ADC , with 1 MHz Bandwidth ,32 OSR and 3 level Comparator.

I have a question regarding the coefficient values.

I used the equation:
coefficient * fs = 1/(R*C)

However, since the coefficient has 3 or 4 points precision (for instance: coeff = 0.0805 )
Assuming So the points appeared in the Resistor values (or capacitor)..

For instance: simulating the system with the exact R & C values obtained ==> Max SQNR = 69 dB
However, for layout considerations , I think i'll not be able to get a resistor value with so many points precision ,, so i tried approximating the R values to the nearest integer, and the max SQNR dropped 10 dB!!!

How can i resolve this issue?

I guess that much precision is not important for sigma delta adcs.......... thats the beauty of this architecture...

Status
Not open for further replies.