Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Moved] Code for Gender Recognition using Auto-Correlation in Matlab

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kashyap Cherukuri

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
This is another code that I have written for gender recognition in Matlab.
I have attached the files.

Attachments

• gender_recognition.zip
    10.6 KB · Views: 1,328

Re: Code for Gender Recognition using Auto-Correlation in Matlab

Great code, you know your way around Matlab. It doesn't work on my machine though. It says "could not recognize. Try speaking slowly." But I think its my mic because the time-domain plot reveals a large transient at the beginning of each recording. I am going to keep looking through it when I get more time, because I also want to find out how autocorrelation is used... I don't understand how that can reveal gender.

The large transient at the beginning doesn't matter much. Autocorrelation was used to find out the fundamental frequency of the speech signal. The fundamental frequency of a male and female voice differs. The fundamental frequency of a male voice is typically between 80 and 155Hz while that of a female is between 165 and 255Hz. Try out this link Voice frequency - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Reactions: Lakshit and trav1s

trav1s

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

Lakshit

V

Ah ok I discovered if I just hum instead of talking it works much better. Maybe my natural speech just has too much pitch-modulation for it to handle.

Reactions: alikh

alikh

This is another code that I have written for gender recognition in Matlab. I have attached the files.
View attachment 59385.

I am currently doing a similar project and I really want to now the kind of approach that's used in here. I am doing this in my hardware interface course and using Atmel microcontroller programmed in Assembly language. I really really want to know what kind of approach along with hardware stuff you used here since last month I was looking for a way to reduce it's complexity but couldn't find.
Thanks and yes, your code looks great!

Yes trav1s. Humming gives a single tone. In other words humming is nothing but creating a sound with a single frequency while speaking produces sound over a spectrum of frequencies. So humming would give better results

thankss alot buddy...it works...awesome..:)

- - - Updated - - -

i need some modifications..i want to make a program in matlab that execute in three steps like i gave some sound having noise+music instrument and vocals..in the 1st step it remove noise then pass to the 2nd step where it filters the vocals and remove instruments and finally recognize the vocals whether its male or female...can u do it???

"could not recognize. Try speaking slowly."

it is not playing my voice i am doing it on my laptop.....................

hey this code is really awesome :) could you please tell me what had you used for feature extraction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back