Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Moved]: cadence analog circuit design

Status
Not open for further replies.

nodame123

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all..
I just started working on Cadence tool. I am in dire need of a good book or articles about techniques of analog circuit design, regarding how certain transistor lengths and widths are chosen ,how corners effect the design and how changes can be made. It would be really helpful if examples are included.
Thank you.. waiting for suggestions :)

Re: cadence analog circuit design

Determining the length and width of transistors is only used in the design of integrated circuits.
Are you taking a course in that?

I am currently doing an internship in a semiconductor company.I am working in analog ic design team. :)

A person working for a semiconductor manufacturer designing an analog IC is supposed to already be educated in how to do the designing. But you do not know how to do it so you are asking about it in a forum?
Which manufacturer? I need to know because I'll never buy anything from them again.

Hi all..
I just started working on Cadence tool. I am in dire need of a good book or articles about techniques of analog circuit design, regarding how certain transistor lengths and widths are chosen ,how corners effect the design and how changes can be made. It would be really helpful if examples are included.
Thank you.. waiting for suggestions :)

Don't you know how the transistor will behave when its length and width is changed ?? Didn't you study these in your classrooms ???
For instance, don't you know what'll happened when W and/or L of a MOS are changed ?? Or Ae of a BJT ??

Everyone calm down. I do know about them. I didnt mean to seek that. For an analog designer,most of the things are known through experience.Is there a good book or articles on tips and tricks for a designer,not purely theory.
For example,mos current mirror transistor lengths are chose a little larger than that of mos switches.I came to know abou them through experience. I wanted that kind of approach on purely design.

- - - Updated - - -

Are there any such sources with different approaches to the problem,someone not just discussing theory,but the philosophy of design?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back