Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Moved] Amlogic, Rockchip, Allwinner Android Tv box

Status
Not open for further replies.

contractman

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
We are a company that want to manufacture our own Android tv box based of either Amlogic or Rockchip or Allwinner chipset.

I noticed that there are lot of PCBA manufacturers that can do the PCBA board. But where do I need to search to find companies that can do the software that controls the PCBA ? The so called middleware.

What kind of knowledge is required in order to develop the middleware ?

Yes you are true.

But we can pay for it, that's not the problem. But I mean the developers that develop that kind of software. Are they called embedded developer or what ?

They are embedded android developers. Usually, they are called Android kernel developers or Android porting engineers or Android customization experts etc.

For some of the chipsets, the configuration, drivers etc. might be pretty much straight out of the box.

Let me quickly walk through what may be required:

* Board bring up: Boot vectors, loader etc. - basically brings up the board. Usually, manufacturers provide reasonable enough support. Board design has some hand too.
* Board Support Package (BSP): The drivers, configuration tools etc.
* OS image: Usually part of Android build. Let me club it together.
* Android Customization: Android is a set of layers above Linux kernel & OS. So, with right set of boot-loaders, BSP & kernel, the rest of the Android customization is mostly selecting the right packages and planning the mix with a little care.

Are you still looking for some help? One of my friends run an embedded development company.

Hi,

Yes we are still interested. Please PM their company name and I'll contact them.

Status
Not open for further replies.