Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[moved again] what does an amplifier skew mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaushikrvs

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
what does an amplifier skew mean?

Re: what does an amplifier skew mean?

Hi,

TI, Predicting Op Amp Slew Rate Limited Response (SNOA852): "The slew rate limit is the maximum rate of change of the amplifier’s output voltage and is due to the fact that the compensation capacitor inside the amplifier only has finite currents available for charging and discharging."

Wikipedia Slew Rate has a simple to understand diagram. "...slew rate is defined as the change of voltage per unit of time. ...the unit of measurement is volts/second (but is usually measured in V/μs)."

The larger the compensation/Miller capacitor, the slower the response.

My question was about skew not about slew ?? something like skewing in sense amplifier

My question was about skew not about slew ?? something like skewing in sense amplifier

Hi,

Sorry about that, for some reason I read "slew", isn't skew also related to clock signals?

Did you try searching for "sense amplifier skew" in Google, there appears to be a number of articles (I think paid for) that pop up, the briefs seem to discuss, either clock skew, or input offset skew.

Status
Not open for further replies.