Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[moved] +-15V SMPS power supply module for my Amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

deJong

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Electronics Enthusiasts!,

I am having problems from my Power supply, it's an SMPS supply I bought from internet. I usually use this from other applications but this time from my amplifier. Here are the pics below.

IMAG3.jpgIMAG1.jpg

The problem with this is that it cannot provide the output voltages of +15V and -15V anymore. I tried to troubleshoot it, opened everything and this is the picture. I checked the rectifiers, regulators and capacitors already, but the unit still does not give me an output. From the two modules, I suspect it's the PWM PCB that is causing this. It's using the UC2825ADW PWM which I also already replaced and unfortunately still having the same problem. I've checked the diodes (diode meter checking), and opto couplers and all are ok. This is my first time to see and debug this type of PWM SMPS power supply. Maybe you guys can enlighten my understanding of this and can help me repair this power supply. Thanks!

Re: +-15V SMPS power supply module for my Amplifier

Strange they both died at the same time
What is that odd brown gump by Z1, between the 2 large caps?

There are other posts for hints on fault finding...............it is not easy!

Re: +-15V SMPS power supply module for my Amplifier

Strange they both died at the same time
What is that odd brown gump by Z1, between the 2 large caps?

There are other posts for hints on fault finding...............it is not easy!

some glue, I think. maybe thermal glue

Status
Not open for further replies.