Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MOUNTING OF SMD COMPONENTS IN RF CIRCUITS (MICs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhityagi85

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everybody, This is abhinav, working on rf frontend for sdr
i have a querry regarding mounting of smd components on substrate. how should i do mounting??????? is it different from normal mounting of DIP packages??? if someone can send ur feedback and links related to mounting at abhityagi85@gmail.com i shall be greatly thankful.
:)

**broken link removed**

Instead of the toaster I'm using hot air. I've soldered SMD and TQFP running up to 5GHz. Will not work from the first try...

Soldering SMD components are very difficult and one must need a very good hands on experience experience. Mounting and removing of the component is very difficult. It took 4 years for me to learn the actual soldering of SMD components. For SMD soldering you should always use a temperature control soldering iron and the temperature should not be more than 200 - 250 deg. Only thing never heat the for more amount of time as they will break. just take lead at the tip of the iron. add flux in a very very little quantity, just touch the soldering pad where the component is placed for just 2 or 3 sec. While doing this hold the component with proper tools so that they do not shake while soldering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back