Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Motorola HC08 Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

anttitai

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have few HC908GP32 - marked chips (HC08) and i like to try these. But I only have PIC experience and I need some help to get started.
Do I need special programming device and software and if where I can find these or building instructions? What compiler (C) do you recommend? It should be free or cheap enough for student.
HC908GP32 is flash device , right? So can I reprogram it again and again like PIC F-series.

Hi,
for a programmer have a look at this page:
**broken link removed**

Motorola (Metrowerks) has a 4k-limited version of its c-compiler. Check their webpage or search the forum for infos...

Mik

Hi,

I've made my lowcost programmer/debugger with ideas from the
following link :

**broken link removed**

The software (IDE, Compiler, Assembler and in situ debugger) is
the free CodeWarriorSE (Special Edition, 4k) from Motorola's site.

The last version includes news 8 pin versions of HC908 'Nitron'

Hi

ImageCraft (ICCHC08dem.exe Version 6) also supports C compiler for HC08 microcontroller.
Have a look at their website. 30 days demo full evaluation software available. Code size limit is 64kbytes.
https://www.imagecraft.com

The hc908gp32 is 40DIP with 32kb flash memory and 512 byte RAM. It can be erase more than 40k. There are many tools for it. For instance, cosmic, metrowerks, pemicro, Bytecraft, iar, image craft.
This mcu is self programming using the following circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back