Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Motor used in battery powered hand held drill machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

mash

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys,

What kind of motor is used to operate battery powered hand held drill machine.
Please if some one can briefly discuss the selection criteria for a medium speed and torque for motors.

Regards

It is a dc motor ; with a gearbox (planetary) to increases the torque

First some considerations for Battery Operated Hand Held Drill Machine.

1. What is the battery supply voltage. I assume 12V
2. What is the current rating required. Here we have to calculate the current that is required for motor and how long it will run contineous.
3. Will the current rating battery fit in the machine. I assume minimum of 2A.

Once the above parameters are finalised then we can decide on motors. We have lots of dc motor manufacturers Good ones like MAXON motors and also chineese one **broken link removed**.

Thankyou

PS : By the way I think BOSCH has one battery operated hand held drill machine. Here it is Lithium-Ion Cordless Tools

---------- Post added at 18:51 ---------- Previous post was at 18:45 ----------

I hope you are asking for new design. If no, sorry then you have to provde the existing motor details for any kind of replacement.

Thankyou

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back