Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

motor speed control by temperature sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

i_yildiz

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
simple temperature sensor

i must control motor speed using temperature sensor at input.
pic is necessary condition for my project.

speed changed proportional to temperature.

who can help me?
i need to guide

temperature based speed control of dc motor

Start your project to divide it in different blocks.
1) input: Temp.sensor. Example PTC, NTC, analog ic, digital ic etc.
define specs for sensor: size, price, accuracy, temp range etc.

2) Controller: PIC. Kind of regulation proportional. That's easy, already defined.
Write a program that reads in the sensor value,( if analog by a ADC, digital by communication protocol) and convert it to an output value with a certain factor.
Measure temp. and needed motor speed at low and high level. Derive a calculation out of it.

3) Output: Power stage. What kind of motor are you using? DC, AC, single phase, multi-phase? Depending of that you can regulate the output by PWM (direct out of the controller)+ Fet or transistors or a phasecontrol power stage.

how to connect dc motor in multisim 2001

Well to control the speed using temperature sensing and pic follow the guidance...
Use PIC 16F877 it has builtin ADC support,
Using LM35 simple temperature sensor transistor who's ooutput will be connected to the adc.
In the programming check for the temperature as 1 Degree Celcius = 1mV output from the sensor.
Then in accordance to the temperature sensed and compared generate an output at the Analog Pin of the PIC and connect the gate of the MOSFET to this pin...
the variation on the gate will cause variation in the current flowing from Drain to Source which will control the speed of your motor...
If you feel any problem do ask...
Best Regards

using motor temperature to control motor speed

thanx for helps
and a few question

i will use 877 and LM35.
but i dont know which type motor use. it may be simplest.
i think PicC. do u advise?
can you send me a circuit diagram or code.

i dont know that how i start fot it

proportional temp motor control

If you can choose the motor take a small dc motor at low voltage.
(12 or 5V) then you can control it with simple PWM signal and fet / transistor power stage. (see Google and find a lot of circuits)

Where do you need the motor for? As fan?

speed control by temperature circuit diagram

Well as i mentioned that you should be using MOS and control the current so the type of motor to be used will be DC...so...
Motor Type: DC
as the programming language is concerned well you can use PIC C...PIC has an advantage that you can use any programming language which you want...you can use Basic to program the pic...
at the moment am uploading a rough image of the circuit diagram as am having an exam paper tomorrow, hoping it will help ya...still will upload the properly made diagram with Workbench or Multisim after my paper.
As the code for the pic is concerned just do some googling for PIC Analog Pin coding or so... and you'll get some sample codes which you can utilize...

Best Regards

i_yildiz

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
how to find the speed of motor using sensors

thank you very much. i try it.
good job:)
now, must find a code

lm35 fan speed control

you'll easily find the code not to worry about that...

Best regards

i_yildiz

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
controller solar back drain pic16f877

i_yildiz said:
i must control motor speed using temperature sensor at input.
pic is necessary condition for my project.

speed changed proportional to temperature.

who can help me?
i need to guide

If it is control, where is the feedback ?

You shold have some kind of belt which through friction varies the temperature of the thermal sensor till the controll variable (temperatire) reaches the desired control polint :D

c-control 1 tempsensor

you can a code for this circuit,
i cannot find.

control sensor motor programming c

Is it not your job or study to write the code?
We cannot design your hole project.
There is a lot of sample code to find at the internet.
But for each application your code can be different. It depends for example on the ports you connect your motor and temp. senor on.

simple temperature controlled motor

i have a question:
can i calculate the motor speed proprotional to the current. what is the relationship between motor speed and current??

motor control using temperature sensors

As its a dc motor therefore its not at all possible to find accurately the rotations with current drawn, still some motors have a rating written on them which mentions the current rating and speed, you may read then to find the rotations, but its never ever accurate.

Best Regards

examples of sensor and motor projects

i_yildiz said:
i have a question:
can i calculate the motor speed proprotional to the current. what is the relationship between motor speed and current??
No. You can only calculate the torque from the current. The motor torque is equated to Kt*Ia, where Kt is the motor torque constant, and Ia, really ia(t) is the motor current. See also here: http://www.beigebag.com/case_dc_motor_t1.htm

for all member... how about if ac motor been used instead of DC motor...actually for ceiling fan..

can someone provide source code or circuit diagram...

please someone...

i_yildiz said:
you can a code for this circuit, i cannot find.

delifadzli said:
for all member... can someone provide source code or circuit diagram...please someone...

Do not expect spoon feeding in EDA. You dont get ready to eat cooked food here. But members can help you in case of some problems in your efforts.

than,, can u give me a guidance on how to interface PIC16f877 with ac motor...for speed change...using triac ,phase controller ?? i'm actually not quite good in that...can u give me some help on that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back