Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Motion-JPEG codec chip needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

algilsan

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
jpeg codec chip

i need Motion-JPEG codec chip, anybody could help me?

thanks in advance

mjpeg codec chip.de

Isn't Motion-JPEG the same as MPEG?

motion jpeg codec +chip

Nooo!

One thing is JPEG compression and other is MPEG compression.

Since Motion JPEG compression is a variant of JPEG algorithm, but it keep on being JPEG compression.

jpeg coder chip

Zoran makes a JPEG codec: **broken link removed**

Read this: **broken link removed**

jpeg compression +chip

hi,

I know this chip from zoran, but i can't do the right manner to purchase a few ones. I have already spoken with one distributor in NY, but now i have no response back from him. ¿?

motion jpeg codec chip

JPEG --> JOINT STILL PICTURE EXPERTS GROUP
MPEG ---> MOTION PICTURE EXPERTS GROUP

difference motion jpeg and mpeg

Hi,

What's the difference in file format between JPEG and Motion-JPEG? Is there any document describing it?

mpeg codec chip

Davis said:
Hi,

What's the difference in file format between JPEG and Motion-JPEG? Is there any document describing it?

Motion-JPEG is a video codec. It is still used. Almost all video capture cards before the current Firewire/DV phase used Motion-JPEG as the codec for storing digitized analog video on the computer. Motion-JPEG is prefered to DV for things like keying video (blue/green screen weatherman stuff).

JPEG on the other hand is simple a compressed still image.

Note: Motion-JPEG is not MPEG.

- Jayson

motion jpeg vs jpeg difference

Divio makes motion-JPEG chips.

Depending on your image resolution and frame rate requirement, you may be able to get away with JPEG chips.

Motion JPEG is basically a series of JPEG images synchronized with the audio stream.

MPEG is a video codec whereas JPEG is an image codec. The biggest difference is that video codecs exploit temporal redundancy to increase the amount of compression. So rather than compressing an image based on the image alone, a video codec takes images from the past and the future to predict motion and it transmits only the predicted motion vector and the difference (residual) between the actual image and the reference image.

MGPC

motion jpg codec chip

Hi,

It seems no difference between Motion-JPEG and JPEG once no voice data involed. Motion-JPEG is just putting JPEG images one-by-one into a single file. Is that right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back