Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

motion control in a curve path

Status
Not open for further replies.

viccram

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am trying to move my robot in a curve path....
i am using incremental encoder having 96 pulse per revolution
and microcontroller PIC16F877a and a XTAL of 11.0592Mhz.

how do i make this possible...

i am trying to control two wheels simulatneosly...ie i hav given then required pulse per sampling time to each wheel(ie to make robot move in a circular path i hav given the required pulse of left wheel less than that of right) and tune it using PID.

but i am not sure how to proceed to this

has any one done this before???any suggestions???

I would suggest that you calculate the required speed difference between the wheels (this is the number of encoder samples) and use PWM to drive each motor independently. This will allow the vehicle to move in circular or any other arbitrary paths. By running both motors at the same speed for different times the wheel with fewer steps will lock up (via the gear train) and cause the vehicle to move in a path that is not accurate, if at all correct.

Cheers
Slayer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back