Not open for further replies.

BigBoss

Advanced Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
intel 865perl power problem

Recently , I have bought a motherboard from Intel , 865PERL with Hyper-Threading Processor 2.8C .

There isn't any problem except "rebooting". The system has been fresh installed and it has only and only GeForce2 MX/MX400 AGP Video Card, and Kingmax PC3200 DDR400 RAM.That's it..

The computer boots normally from sctrach and shuts-down the computer without problem.

But when I intend "restart", Windows XP Professional OS shuts down the computer but system can not restart. It hangs-up in such a case "idle". It doesn't respond even "reset" button. It should be power-off and power on.
It would to restart but something happens and stops. But checks-swaps CD ROM's except keyboard and floppy.

Interestingly, windows never misses memory knowledge and restart very normally.For instance when I install a new program , it works very well.

In fact I have read a knowledge base called as 822624 in Microsoft Website and it calls my problem. It's mentioned that a new patch should be applied but files ( halaacpi.dll )are not available. These are new version of them. The problem sounds like ACPI incompatibility..

I have installed latest BIOS and drivers from Intel. No problem..

Well , I'm waiting PC guru's comments..

Hi BigBoss,

I have a long history with windows XP and ACPI problems.
Most problem are solved by BIOS udpate.
Is your updated ?

I did encounter a similar problem with a similar configuration but the mother board was an ASUS P4C800 deluxe (not the -E version). I did update the bios with the very good utility that they provide but it did not solve the problem. Fortunately this mother board was under warranty and I could get it fixed.. They changed the BIOS to an AMI one! And the problem disapeared !
:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…