Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Motherboard problem with ps/2 port

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter_england

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ps/2 port on motherboard not working but keyboard receiving power when booting but keyboard not working or detected; checked with known good keyboard but problem persists please help me to troubleshoot the problem.

Clear CMOS.
ps/2 port on motherboard not working but keyboard receiving power when booting but keyboard not working or detected; checked with known good keyboard but problem persists please help me to troubleshoot the problem.

It will not help....

good info given thanks yura717. i checked clear cmos but not helped.---iamkamalrandhawa

ok then just remove the Decoupling capacitors in line of data and clock. i am sure 90% your provlem will solve if problem persist then you have to check where is ps2 controller and check track is broken between controller or change the ps2 controller . if problem remains then you have to recopy BIOS.
good info given thanks yura717. i checked clear cmos but not helped.---iamkamalrandhawa

You did not ask what kind motherboard he is using? and you already recommend to reflash BIOS?

I never heard about "desktop PC motherboard" model.

thanks both you i have checked the tracks through i/o controller and found ok but i not tried to check with data and clock line caps .. i will try it .. any further idea please from Yura717 ??

- - - Updated - - -

My motherboard model is msi g31 chipset.

Realy?? but this is not my fault.
I never heard about "desktop PC motherboard" model.

- - - Updated - - -

i have described all methods to repair ps2 port problems. there is nothing more to repair it. if you apply all given methods and problem not solve then buy a new one.
thanks both you i have checked the tracks through i/o controller and found ok but i not tried to check with data and clock line caps .. i will try it .. any further idea please from Yura717 ??

- - - Updated - - -

My motherboard model is msi g31 chipset.

Hey iamkamalrandhawa -- i am sorry i didnt mentioned m/b model.

- - - Updated - - -

yes thanks i will try and dont get panic coz i want the help from all you friends please be in touch i need your help thanks .
and thanks for helping me..:)

Dont worry Mr. Peter England We are happy to helping each other.
Hey iamkamalrandhawa -- i am sorry i didnt mentioned m/b model.

- - - Updated - - -

yes thanks i will try and dont get panic coz i want the help from all you friends please be in touch i need your help thanks .
and thanks for helping me..:)

thanks >> :smile:

- - - Updated - - -

hey kamal i have one query about Wipro LCD monitor last time after power fluctuation lcd monitor not working

- - - Updated - - -

and after that when i start it only displays nothing but if i removed vga cable then it shows osd no signal window without any wording..

Wipro LCD Model....??
thanks >> :smile:

- - - Updated - - -

hey kamal i have one query about Wipro LCD monitor last time after power fluctuation lcd monitor not working

- - - Updated - - -

and after that when i start it only displays nothing but if i removed vga cable then it shows osd no signal window without any wording..

hi , i dont have model no. with me its 15 inch lcd display and it is very cheaper lcd ..
i think the problem is due to corrupted bios on it but i dont know how to trbleshhot the same and found two flash chips on the circuit..

Hi how to check that smd capacitors and what is decoupling capacitors ?? also please clarify the procedure to determine values of chip (SMD CAPACITORS) since it has not any number or markings on that pls help.. thanks...

ok then just remove the Decoupling capacitors in line of data and clock. i am sure 90% your provlem will solve if problem persist then you have to check where is ps2 controller and check track is broken between controller or change the ps2 controller . if problem remains then you have to recopy BIOS.

Hi, Peter and rest of company,

Did you try to use another keyboard on that PS/2 port ?

Did you inspect PS/2 connector, maybe is damaged, or maybe is something inside pin holes.

Yes i tried the another k/b and this problem happened suddenly to about 3 to 4 m/b at a time .. another k/b not work as well there is nothing in pin-hole.. thanks for replaying ..

Yes finally my problem solved You are genius Kamal Randhawa First thanks very much .. i have removed that caps and keyboard is working normally now Thanks again ... And keep helping others *** Bless you..:grin:

Reactions: yura717

yura717

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back