Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

most suitable motion sensor or any sensor to detect human...

Status
Not open for further replies.

delifadzli

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi everyone, i want to ask...what is the suitable sensor to detect human....

the scenario, the sensor will detect the human as the he/she enter the room...the sensor somehow will act as switch off / on...this sensor will be combine in my temperature sensor- fan circuit...so, as the human being detect, it will allow the temperature sensor to operate...if not, overall system will be off...

then, how to make detection became reliable as the human still exist...for example, the situation where the user is sleeping (no motion)...how to make the overall system still operate...

please someone help me...any idea???

hope for your respond...

Looking at your querry, looks pretty simple, but as we read on, its quite complicated as the project may involve the use of differnt sensors to make the system fool proof.
Basically to detect human bieng, a PIR sensor will be the first choice. but where the motion less point comes while sleeping, this will stop responding. As an other option, 2 individula IR beams may be used where one may sense the in ward motion to the room and other for the outward, and a relay may be used to swicth on the loads inside. This system can also be used to count the persons in a particular room, and be programmed so that when the count reaches 00, the relay may be swicthed OFF and 01 will swicth ON.
Cheers

hi everyone, i want to ask...what is the suitable sensor to detect human....

the scenario, the sensor will detect the human as the he/she enter the room...the sensor somehow will act as switch off / on...this sensor will be combine in my temperature sensor- fan circuit...so, as the human being detect, it will allow the temperature sensor to operate...if not, overall system will be off...

then, how to make detection became reliable as the human still exist...for example, the situation where the user is sleeping (no motion)...how to make the overall system still operate...

please someone help me...any idea???

hope for your respond...

hello dude :pir sensor is a abs sol fr ur prblm , its kind of sensor of sensor it c human how snakes detect thr pry r human," bec snakes don;t ve ears...so try to get a PIR sensor its a perfect sol fr ur problem ...

with regards
jagath

apart from above
although little complex
one option is to use CMOS image sensor you will get that in 5$ to 10$, just search AVRCAM in google you will some refernce code..
you have to minimize ur code dont detect too much check for minimal changes.. in old and new picture to detect human presence..

i m a final year student of EEE. my final project is motion sensor controlled electric lighting system.pls anyone help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back