Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mosfet Switch 28V & 0V??

Status
Not open for further replies.

themaccabee

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi ,
I need to apply 0V & 28V across a load ,with a TTL signal switching & the circuit should be able to source and sink current.
What will be the least component & most effcient implementation.?
I currently looking onto a design similar to the below one..and want to provide 0V instead of -5V there.& change the zener diode?
Do this configuration is having any problems? whether there exists any less component , integrated chip like solution
Thanks for any help.
Regards

well as i noticed all what you want to do is to apply 28v and 0 v across aload; i'll consider it a motor for simplicity. well IRF is agood choice i recommend IRF1010 ; all irfs are same (GATE,DRAIN,SOURCE) .. (once you apply signal to the gate (max 20volt,) with pull down resistor 10k and series resistor to limit the base current but the series resistor is based on your gate signal voltage (again must be within the range of 20volt). once you apply this signal voltage the drain is connected to the source.

all you want to do is to connect the source pin to the ground and the drain pin to one wire of the motor, and the other wire to your +ve powersupply (which will be 28v).
and apply +VE signal to the gate (max voltage 20 and donot forget the pulldown and series resistors) and the motor is running . :)

if your are using TTL level like MICROCONTROLLER or simple logic gate. put 10kOhm resistor in seris to limit the base current.

if you are confused or this is not helped. tell me i'll draw you aschematic.

---------- Post added at 23:00 ---------- Previous post was at 22:57 ----------

inaddition if the load is amotor do not forget to put ashunt diode to elimnate the back EMF (FAST RECOVERy ONE)

Hi ,
I need to apply 0V & 28V across a load ,with a TTL signal switching & the circuit should be able to source and sink current.

What kind of load will you connect and how much current will it need?

Alex

What kind of load will you connect and how much current will it need?

Alex

Hi , the load is just a semiconductor device..the current requirement maximum is 200mA source and sink..

Status
Not open for further replies.