Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronic Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Register Log in

MOSFET parameter determination.

Yashaz91

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,
I recently started working on a new PDK, and the main issue currently hindering my progress is the device parameters. I have worked with BSIM, EKV, and SPICE models before, just a scroll through the model files would give me a rough estimate of the device parameters (Noise figure, VTH0, U0, Tox, and so on) at zero bias conditions.

The new PDK utilizes the PSP model and it is too abstruse, I can't make sense of the parameters as they are represented by equations, those equations by more equations, and so on.

My designs generally start off with a rough estimate of device dimensions and biasing point based on hand calculations and later on move on to simulation based refinement.

Is there an alternate way to estimate these parameters (preferrably simulation based) ?

P.S Gm/ID technique is employable but not preferred.

Toggle Sidebar

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor