Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MOSFET ORing circuit simulation (LTspice)

Status
Not open for further replies.

udhay_cit

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
My LTspice circuit simulation for MOSFET power supply ORing circuit is blocking the reverse conduction?
Still I didn't tried this circuit practically. Now I need to use this circuit for one of my project and I did the simulation first.
Unfortunately the MOSFETs are conducting in reverse direction and not working as per my expectation.

Any one used this type of circuit in real time application? Why the MOSFETs are conducting in simulation? Am I doing anything wrong?

Udhay

Attachments

• MOSFET ORing.rar
    545 bytes · Views: 139
  • MOSFET OR.png
    MOSFET OR.png
    42.3 KB · Views: 175

Hi,

Why do you think there is a reverse current protection? I can´t see.

Both MOSFETS are ON, because both V_GS is beyond the threshold level.

My recommendation:
Look for "ideal diode" circuits.

Klaus

Hi,

To me, it looks like two parallel PMOS, and that seem to be backwards wrt their respective power supplies, so they'd always conduct. Could be pesky body diodes.

the MOSFETs are conducting in reverse direction and not working as per my expectation.
What is your "expectation" of the circuit.

That circuit will protect against reverse polarity of the input source, but will not provide a power-OR function.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back