Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MOSFET heating problem in H-bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

what´s your switchng frequency?
Do you think it´s a good idea to connect those 10nF to the bridge output?

Klaus

It looks like you have the connections for Vcc and Vcc2 reversed.
Vcc should go to the bridge voltage.
Vcc2 should go to the chip power.

Last edited:

These are noise bypass caps- they prevent spurious triggering (I guess)

It looks like you have the connections for Vcc and Vcc2 reversed.
Vcc should go to the bridge voltage.
Vcc2 should go to the chip power.

Vcc and Vcc2 both in my circuit connected to same power supply 12VDC

If it's wired as you show and the part values are correct (double check the value C99 that it is 470nF and not 470pF) then I see no obvious reason that the upper MOSFETs should get hot.

If it's wired as you show and the part values are correct (double check the value C99 that it is 470nF and not 470pF) then I see no obvious reason that the upper MOSFETs should get hot.

yes it's 470nf

I check today driver heating too much, if I increase current more than 1A.

waveform of H-bridgeView attachment q109.bmpView attachment q710.bmpView attachment q78.bmpView attachment q98.bmp H-driver signal for reverse direction.pngH-driver signal for reverse direction.JPG

Hi,

I just see some curves on your scope pictures. But without description I don't know what signals they show.

Please post a description to your pictures.

Klaus

Hi,

I just see some curves on your scope pictures. But without description I don't know what signals they show.

Please post a description to your pictures.

Klaus

As you can see Image, there is in each Image written q78, q98, q109 and on same Image you can find circuit diagram of H-bridge where you get Q9,Q10 and Q7, Input signal to gate for each MOSFET is shown in DSO image.

OK I check signal at DSO and find that my upper lever MOSFET voltage from source to gate is not getting more than 2VDC, according to MOSFET use in H-bridge, voltage between source and gate should be more than 6VDC to get MOSFET fully ON.

Hi,

You have 150 ohms gate resistors.
If the voltage at the resistor on the driver side is higher than on the FET side, then there is current. Maybe caused my a defective FET.

Klaus

Hi,

You have 150 ohms gate resistors.
If the voltage at the resistor on the driver side is higher than on the FET side, then there is current. Maybe caused my a defective FET.

Klaus

I replace MOSFET with new one but there is no change.

Status
Not open for further replies.