Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MOSFET gate drive circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey...thanks everyone..for the help..

hi
i want to develop a gate drive circuit to turn the MOSFET on and off. do u have any idea?

hi,
i m trying to develop driver circuit for mosfet in pspice simulation, i have no idea to design and what to use.
need help for my project.

What MOSFET are you using?

From waveform it looks like MOSFET transition time is not fast enough. 290 Khz is pretty high rate for large MOSFET's.

There is two primary current steps to gate that causes two appearent visible steps in Vgs. First is just charging Cgs to point where, with MOSFET transition time, begins to pull drain down which kicks in a Miller effect multiplier of Cgd capacitance that cause the second gate charge current spike. There is a third part of gate current but it is relatively insignificant to first two. It is the final charging of Cgs once drain has saturated. All this is bundled together in Qg spec by manfacturer. I drive = Qg /desired risetime. At 290 kHz, and a large MOSFET, the current could be quite large, well beyond a irf2110 capability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back