Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

mosfet based solid state relay

Status
Not open for further replies.

venuselectronics

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dear friens

i am doing some works in power electronics field, routine switching i am getting

by swtching scr and triac, there is limitation of switching of this unit, i can not go

beyond supply frequency, because scr turns off at 0 volt of ac cycle,

now problem is such that ,i want to switch ac supply at 15 amp 440 v at 10 khz to 100 khz, as per my understanding, i have to use either mosfet or igbt in

output side, i might be wrong also, i also want opto isolation beween i/p and o/p

can anybody help

venus electronics

Hi,
You can do this using either IGBT or MOSFET. For greater frequencies (ie above 30 to 40kHz), you may need to use MOSFETs as, as far as I know, only a few IGBTs (the newer ones by ST) can operate beyond 40-50kHz.

You need to have a controller that pulses the device at the required frequency, either a microcontroller or discrete ICs and you need a gate driver with enough drive capability.

However, you may need to convert the AC to DC before operating at such high frequency.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

dear tahmid

will you please provide me some proven schematic diagram

venuselectronics

venuselectronics said:
dear tahmid. will you please provide me some proven schematic diagram. venuselectronics
Proven schematic diagram????? Its hard to get cooked food with spoon feeding.

o.k ,sorry but please provide me guideline,if you dont mind

venus electronics

Hi,
I think this should help:
You could use a 15v transformer, rectifier and 7812 circuit for the auxiliary power supply.
For 30kHz oscillator, you could use SG3525, which also has MOSFET driver built in. Or you could use 555 and IR4427 for oscillator and driver.
MOSFET: Look for what is available to you, either from ST, IR or any manufacturer, that is, I would say, rated at 900V 30A.
Inrush limiter can be built around inductor and NTC.
Rectifier: 30A 1000V
Filter: Some bulk capacitance
Load: Whatever you intend to switch at 30kHz

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

thanks to both of you
venus electronics
MOD: This is your thread, and Thanking by the Helped me button will reflect your gratitude much. I think you have done it. ...Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.