Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Montecarlo analysis involving a Hybrid Low noise amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

seth_M

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Montecarlo analysis

I have been assigned a Montecarlo analysis/ Worst case analysis research project involving a Hybrid Low noise amplifier. I know how to run montecarlo simulations using ADS but the trouble I have is with specifying the tolerance levels for the large signal model parameters of a commercially available HEMT used in the design. The tolerance levels for passive components are usually specified by the manufacturer so they don't present a problem but active device vendors don't provide statistical data.
Does one just take a ball park figure (say 20% tolerance level on all model parameters) and run the sims? Is there a well-defined industry-standard way of going about this? Has anyone gone through a similar exercise? Any help would be much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back