Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

monte carlo simulation,corner simulation,PVT simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

present

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Anybody can tell me the difference between "monte carlo simulation", "corner simulation" and "PVT simulation"? Pls tell me what parameters they are varying?
Thanks.

1. monte carlo simulation is used to simulate the mismatch effect to the circuits.
Usually, the width, VT, R, and C are varied to see what happen to your circuits.

2. corner simulation means process variation simulation. It's part of PVT.

3. PVT simulation: P stands for process, V stands for voltage and T stands for temperature.

Proces corner:
TT, FF, SS, FS, SF for MOS
max, min, typ for passive devices like C&R&L.
temperature: room, high and low.

Yibin.

For corner simulation and PVT simulation, I think I know them already.
For monte carlo simulation, I was told it need the monte carlo model of the process.
I want to know that:
1. is monte carlo simulation for MOS transistors only? not applicable for bipolar transistors?
2. if I don't have the monte carlo model, what variables I should set? for the NMOS, PMOS, capacitor, resistor, ...?
the width, VT is for MOS, right?
R and C will be varied same as corner simulation, is it?

yibinhsieh said:
1. monte carlo simulation is used to simulate the mismatch effect to the circuits.
Usually, the width, VT, R, and C are varied to see what happen to your circuits.

2. corner simulation means process variation simulation. It's part of PVT.

3. PVT simulation: P stands for process, V stands for voltage and T stands for temperature.

Proces corner:
TT, FF, SS, FS, SF for MOS
max, min, typ for passive devices like C&R&L.
temperature: room, high and low.

Yibin.

If I don't have the monte carlo model file, what are the variables I should set?
Thanks.

present said:
If I don't have the monte carlo model file, what are the variables I should set?
Thanks.
vth tox rsh in your lib file

You have the TSMC 0.18 model card? It has Monte Carlo.

Monte Carlo simu may be used for any circuit that can contain either MOS & bipolar.
If you don't have model you should vary the resistor, capacitor VTH ..

For corner simu, there is a variation of the transistor model & a variation of temperature and power supply, but in Monte Carlo you must fix your temperature & power supply and vary only the model of transistor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back