Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Monte Carlo Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

f.gh

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
1.jpgI have designed a low drop-out voltage regulator using Hspice and I would like to use Monte Carlo analysis for my designed circuit. I have studied Hspice's tutorial and I used this expression :".tran 10ns 1100us sweep monte=50"
but i don't know in which output file I can see the results! With this analysis (Monte Carlo) I want to sketch a bar diagram for output voltage in terms of diffraction from certain value.
If my explanation is not clear please inform me to complete it.

Last edited:

Just run your MC analysis; after its completion the simulation log output will tell you where you can find the results. This depends on your Hspice set-up.

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thank you, but did you mean this part:

MONTE CARLO PARAMETER DEFINITIONS

node =voltage node =voltage node =voltage

+0:d1 = 739.7641m 0:d2 = 740.5537m 0:g5 = 2.2406
+0:g7 = 397.8334m 0:gp1 = 2.3009 0:gp2 = 2.9806
+0:in+ = 1.2400 0:in- = 1.2407 0:eek:ut = 2.8016
+0:s1 = 523.8331m 0:s12 = 2.9807 0:vb = 1.5000
+0:vdd = 3.0000

could you please explain more about how can I use this result until reach to a statistical graph? I thought that I'll have 50 values for output voltage :(

The extension of the MC output file name probably is .mt0 .
See the HSPICE® User Guide: Simulation and Analysis, the chapter on Getting Started with Traditional Monte Carlo Simulations.

The MONTE CARLO PARAMETER DEFINITIONS contain the output data of a single MC run.

As I don't know which graphical presentation tool you have access to, I can't tell you how to create the statistical graph once you have found the MC output data. A possible way always is to transfer the required data either to MATLAB or into an Excel sheet and have it created by these tools.

Reactions: f.gh

f.gh

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.