Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

monopole antenna with wave port

Status
Not open for further replies.

poonam191

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i want to use wave port for monopole antenna. how can i do it??
anyone have design of monopole antenna?

i want to use wave port for monopole antenna. how can i do it??
anyone have design of monopole antenna?

I have absolutely no idea what you mean by a "wave port" ??
I cant find any reference to such a thing other than to do with harbours and shipping

car to explain a bit more ?

cheers
Dave

First you need to decide feeding of monopulse antenna. You can google for monopole and about ground plane for monopole or give more info.

i want to use wave port for monopole antenna.

Wave port is useful where you have a plane with multiple conductors. For the monopole, use a lumped port between the radiator and the ground plane.

i want to make arm touch with ground in monopole. n then want to give wave port/lump port. how can i design it?

- - - Updated - - -

I have absolutely no idea what you mean by a "wave port" ??
I cant find any reference to such a thing other than to do with harbours and shipping

car to explain a bit more ?

cheers
Dave

u can see in attachment.. if u have any idea,share with me..

Attachments

• Project2.zip
    39 KB · Views: 70

i want to make arm touch with ground in monopole.

You need a small gap between the radiating arm and ground plane, like in reality. The lumped port is placed in this gap, with (+) connected to one end and (-) on the other end. This is your source, you drive the signal between the bottom end of the raidator and the ground plane.

u can see in attachment.. if u have any idea,share with me..

Sorry, I use other solvers and don't have HFSS.

You need a small gap between the radiating arm and ground plane, like in reality. The lumped port is placed in this gap, with (+) connected to one end and (-) on the other end. This is your source, you drive the signal between the bottom end of the raidator and the ground plane.

Sorry, I use other solvers and don't have HFSS.

can u show me in jpg what u exactly want to tell me? i know we can put lump port between arm and ground but it is possible to put port at the end of ground and make touch to arm and ground?

Wave port is useful where you have a plane with multiple conductors. For the monopole, use a lumped port between the radiator and the ground plane.

so what is a wave port ? or is this an obscure name for something more common ?

go a link to info please :)

Dave

so what is a wave port ?

It is a technical term from EM simulation. Wave ports, as opposed to lumped ports, define an excitation on a finite area of the simulation boundary, and find the corresponding mode(s). This can be used for hollow waveguides or multi-conductor configurations. Unlike lumped ports, the reference impedance is not fixed, but instead is the impedance of that mode.

- - - Updated - - -

can u show me in jpg what u exactly want to tell me? i know we can put lump port between arm and ground

Ok, then this is what you need to do.

but it is possible to put port at the end of ground and make touch to arm and ground?

I don't understand what you are trying to do. End of ground?

Reactions: davenn

davenn

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
It is a technical term from EM simulation. Wave ports, as opposed to lumped ports, define an excitation on a finite area of the simulation boundary, and find the corresponding mode(s). This can be used for hollow waveguides or multi-conductor configurations. Unlike lumped ports, the reference impedance is not fixed, but instead is the impedance of that mode.

Ahhh, thanks for that ... not into simulation software
we live and learn :)

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back